Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome to the BOYLE-ing Point!

Okay okay, that's the last of the Boyle puns. I think.


WELCOME to my blog! This is my first official post on my blog. I promise it will get a lot prettier around here. Or at least more interesting. So let's start with some new Breakfast Monkey art, since BM fans are what have inspired me to plaster myself all over the internet. I'll spare you the long-winded explanation. If you really want to hear me ramble on endlessly, go to my Youtube page. So here is my updated version of the Monkey:

Much cleaner, much more stylized, and much more ready for animation. And I gave him thumbs, so now he has "mitten hands" instead of "flipper hands". I even went a step further and gave him little fingers, as another possibility.
I'm just not sure which way to go, but this is why I'm posting these here. Since I'm doing all this just for the BM fans, I want to know what YOU think! And just for fun, here's a sketch of the lil' guy dreaming of becoming a lumberjack, just like his old man (a re-design of a panel from that old animatic). This is why I gave him thumbs, so he can do this:
Next up on my cartoon operating table is Crazy Boy (I might be changing his name to Sugar Ray). I really love how he came out.
Tinkle Fish is on my drawing table at the moment, but he'll have to wait til next time. In the meantime, I'd love to know your thoughts on this stuff so far...

5 comments:

  1. I love em! Sugar Ray seems like a better name to me, but that is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Breakfast Monkey with little monkey thumbs and fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Breakfast Monkey with thumbs. I like the idea of him having a mitten hand. Also, I like Crazy Boy as Crazy Boy. Sugar Ray reminds me of that terrible band. *Shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the addition of the thumbs too. Gotta say, I'm feeling the mitten hands. There tends to be an air of cuteness that goes with them. Also, I think Crazy Boy's name fits him the best, too.
    I'm really happy to see that you're revisiting the cartoon - I was a fan from the first time I saw it years ago. I was afraid it had been forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I think the general consensus says mitten hands with thumbs is the way to go. Opinions about Crazy Boy vs. Sugar Ray are about 50/50. I'm leaning towards Sugar Ray. Crazy Boy just sounds too uninventive and like a generic goofy character name. Sugar Ray hints a little bit about his character, and still has a southern twang to it (and has nothing to do with Mark McGrath' old band. lol

    Nope, the show hasn't been forgotten. It's been sitting in my head all this time, just waiting for the right time to come out. Thanks for being a fan all these years. You're going to see a lot more of B Monkey & friends in the very near future, and I think you'll like what you see. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete