Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hard Boyle'd Self Portrait

So I was looking at my little photo icon, and I thought what kind of cartoonist has a photo icon?? So I did a quick sketch of cartoon  me. It was fairly easy to do, since I'd recently drawn a toon version of my son Griffin. Since we have the same shape face, I already had a head shape to work with, and VoilĂ ! Here is the blue line cleanup of my sketch and the color rough:
  
I'll do a nice clean final version of this as soon as I catch up on my freelance work, but this will do for now. Oh -- Here's the sketch and color rough of Griff with his friend Zoe:

I'll be posting some finished art on here soon, but I only have time for sketches and color roughs right now. Personally, I love seeing the process and evolution of a sketch to the final product. Don't you?

1 comment: