Saturday, December 3, 2016

Scooby-Doo: The Spooky Space Kook, Part 2

Two years ago, I did a  drawing of the Scooby-Doo villain, The Space Kook. I always wanted to go back to that sketch and do a nice, clean polished version of it. I had to teach myself how to make a gif with audio, so I came back to this guy. One of the things I like about him is the eerie red strobe effect that happens in his helmet when he laughs:


So I wanted to replicate that with my drawing. So first, I finally had the chance to do a nice slick version of him:


Then I created a slightly modified laughing mouth pose. And next, I colored his skull and inside helmet with black and red color schemes and some variations on the outer glow. I made 6 different frames altogether, pulled the audio from that YouTube clip, dropped it in and matched up the action. And voilà!



No comments:

Post a Comment